Dbeilt Trailers will be celebrating their tenth anniversary in 2018 and every trailer is still built from scratch in their small workshop (only leaving briefly for a paint job).
It’s a small family business run by long term VW enthusiasts who take great care to custom match each trailer to its towing vehicle, whether it’s an early bus, ratty split or a brand new shiny big wheeled T6 and everything in between.
Latest improvements include; The rear lights are now high density LED units featuring chrome plated surrounds. The chassis whilst maintaining most of its original design now incorporates a swan neck drawbar and custom built independent rubber suspension axle with 5 on 112 PCD hubs which will take VW T2 alloy wheels without modification. The interior now features custom made carpets from Rugs for Bugs. Also a fairly new addition to the list of options is the front luggage rack which can take a pair of Thule bike racks giving great extra storage. The basic units also include…
- Fully galvanized box chassis for rigidity and strength and load carrying.
- Low riding independent rubber suspension axle rated at 500 kg, giving great ride quality and stability whilst keeping the ride height down in keeping with the overall design of the trailer.
- Fitted as standard with OEM Trailer wheels that share the same stud pattern as VW Beetles from the late 1960’s onwards. Giving the choice of a huge range of aftermarket wheels designed to suit Beetles from this era.
- Uniquely designed, lightweight fibreglass body with reinforced bulkheads and wheel arches to keep the body rigid at critical points. The lid opens using stylish chrome plated hinges and locked with a compartment lock similar to that fitted to most roof boxes. The lid is held upright using a specially designed stainless steel bonnet type prop.
- The inside is lined with carpet and the opening finished with a reinforced edging strip.
- Full EEC approved lighting including 7 pin trailer plug, fog light and reflective triangles, with rear lights spaced to allow a standard European number plate to fit in between. All helps to keep you within the law.
All in all the Dbeilt trailer is built using the very best trailer components and technology available, whist retaining its lovely curves and great looks.To find out more, visit the Dbeilt website at www.dbeilt.co.uk